Mend it, customize it, alter it, love on it, make it last.
Kristen Lombardi of High Hand Mending will be onsite for our regular Repair Day! Bring us your tired and well loved pieces that needs some extra life. Bring us those garments that need to hemmed or altered to fit your body perfectly. Bring in those jeans for some killer custom work!
Vintage, heirloom, brand new, fast-fashion—who cares! Bring anything you want to mend it, customize it, make it fit, and make it last.
What: A day dedicated for you to bring in any clothes you need repaired by mending expert Kristen Lombardi (@highhandmending). Schedule an appointment for consultations and fittings or simply drop off garments that need simple repairs.
When: Sunday, June 6th, 2021
Where: We Thieves, 1307 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA 02139
Repairs & Customization
- Demin repairs including patching, customization, hemming, other
- Simple repairs: Seam rips, buttons (add, true up), shoulder pad removal, hemming.
- Alterations: Hems, taking in, or out (recommend appointment)
- Leather Jackets or handbags that need attention
10 am to 12 pm: Book a 15-minute consultation with Kristen for projects or garments that aren’t so simple. This includes customizations, leather repairs, or other alterations that require fittings. Click the button below to reserve your slot!
12 pm to 5 pm: Drop off and consult with Sandra for simple repairs. She'll make note of what needs to be done and hand off your garments to Kristen.
Q: Where do I pick up my garments?
A: At We Thieves. Kristen will reach out via your preferred contact method (email or text) once your repairs are ready to be picked up.
Q: How are payments made?
A: All payments will be made through Kristen's Venmo. A $10 deposit is asked for all repairs and will be applied to final amount.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE...
- Clothing and denim must be washed prior to drop off.
- We will not be accepting any shoe repairs.
- As usual, we will be following state and local COVID protocols and ask everyone to keep their masks on and be prepared to wait outside if we are at capacity during afternoon drop-offs or in between appointments. We will continue to keep you updated if new guidelines are released in the upcoming weeks.
If you have any questions about Repair Day, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you there!