Services & Buying
Alterations and Repair
I hope to help the clothes you find with me fit just right and extend garment life. You will be pleasantly surprised that most repairs don't cost as much as you think and when you love what you own you wear it and that is where the real value of your investment in clothing pays off.
Services include the following
- Alterations and hemming
- Fit modifications (take in, take out, adjust straps, etc.)
- Repair work including denim darning and patchwork (crotch blowouts, knee blowouts, custom patchwork)
- Jacket lining repair (the armpit blowout so common in loved jackets)
- Removal of shoulder pads from beautiful vintage lined jackets
Prices vary on the garment including fabric, layers of fabrics, and length (a skirt with a very wide sweep requires more time and thread).
For an additional fee, I handle all communication with the seamstress, delivery and pick up of your garment for you. Or, if you wish, I will consult with you what needs to happen and you can take it to your own seamstress.
Turn around time depends on the type of work and or any custom order that might need to be done on our part (zippers, buttons, matching threads). Generally, work lasts 3-10 days (easy to complex respectively).
Buying & Closet Cleanouts
I am always buying vintage items and happy to go to you for closet cleanouts, please contact me for inquiries.
- Clothing: You can come to me with items you might have and I will buy items flat out from you. I will pay you 30% of the retail price of items I buy from you or provide a store credit of 50% the value of your goods.
- Jewelry: I am always buying costume and fine jewelry. I buy in bulk or you can bring items to me.