TAKING FROM THE PAST TO RE-CREATE THE PRESENT
As a veteran of the fashion industry, I became exhausted by the constant creation of NEW and overwhelmed by the "sameness" that was being pumped out. It's hard to create a point of view when everything feels and looks the "same". I also struggled with being part of a system of artificial obsolescence.
The name We Thieves is inspired by the fact that most everything we buy or create has been inspired by the past. Revolutionaries in fashion and music often allude to an era, a time, or a mood and integrate it into their art. I seek original versions of contemporary pieces with a strong eye for quality, construction, wearability and function to merge into modern life with ease.
We are "stealing from the past and re-styling the future".
My filters include:
- Era and condition
- Quality of construction and source of origin (country of make)
- How it feels, in your hand or on your body
- Fabrication or textile - with a leaning towards natural fibers
- Color and print
- Wardrobe versatility or home versatility
- Overall sense of aesthetic or beauty
- Finish (steam, press, polish)